We work with genealogists, geneticists, archivists, and historians worldwide and would love to work with you.
Explore available genealogy careers and jobs, and work for the highest-rated research firm in the world!
Do what you love. Change lives in the process.
Are you a genealogy superstar? Join one of the world’s most respected genealogy firms, and be a part of something bigger. We’re changing lives, one client at a time.
Part-time, Contract or Full-time options available
The world’s top-rated genealogy research firm is also the most flexible workplace.
Say goodbye to your daily commute.
Join our team and work remotely.
Say goodbye to the 9-5 lifestyle.
Join our team and set your own hours.
Say hello to working with
top professionals in the field.
Connecting families. It’s what we do. But we recognize that taking care of your family is equally important,
which is why we offer our employees a competitive benefits package.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision packages
- 401k with matching
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Personal family history stipend—get paid to research your own family history!
- Annual employment anniversary gifts
- Company parties and team building activities
Legacy Tree Genealogists has been recognized as the Small Business Administration Woman-owned Business of the Year, and as one of the Utah100 Fastest Growing companies. And we recognize that our success is largely due to our greatest asset–our employees.
As a company we cultivate an atmosphere of support centered around our company values of CARE—Cooperation, Accuracy, Respect and Efficiency.
At Legacy Tree, we CARE for our clients, and we also CARE for our employees.
*Worldwide applicants accepted unless otherwise noted
Onsite Genealogy Records Lookup – Legacy Tree Genealogists
**Apply ONLY if you have regular access to GENEALOGY records and can name specific repositories and records to which you have access.**
Legacy Tree Genealogists (https://www.legacytree.com) is a full-service genealogy firm that discovers ancestry for clients worldwide. As the highest-rated genealogy research firm in the world, we are rapidly expanding and are looking for additional onsite agents to help obtain records when needed.
This is a work-from-home independent contractor opportunity which is perfect for someone who enjoys obtaining genealogy records from local libraries and archival repositories. The opportunity is currently only available to people outside of Utah. Those who are located outside of the United States are especially encouraged to apply.
If you are seeking part-time or full-time employment, please review the list of Legacy Tree’s other open employee positions.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in joining our network of onsite researchers!
Qualified individuals will be contacted when we have a need in their location or specialty based on our internal geographic, linguistic, and other research needs.
Full-time/Part-time Professional Genealogist – Legacy Tree Genealogists
Legacy Tree Genealogists (https://www.legacytree.com) is a full-service genealogy firm that discovers ancestry for clients worldwide. As the highest-rated genealogy research firm in the world, we are rapidly expanding and are looking for additional superstars to join our team.
Part-time and full-time employed positions are remote, work-from-home jobs. Utah residence is preferred but not required. Part-time and full-time positions include PTO, holiday pay, and 401k salary matching. Full-time positions also include medical insurance.
Job Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Conduct genealogical research in online and library/archival sources
- Perform in-depth genealogical analysis
- Write source citations
- Compose 15 + page narrative reports
- Compile research histories
- Solve complex research problems
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years genealogical research experience with at least 2 years professional genealogical research experience
- Experience managing multiple research projects simultaneously
- Self-led and independent work ethic with strict attention to deadlines and timeliness
- Creative problem solving
- Passion for genealogy
- Ability to work independently and hit deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Utah residence preferred, but not required
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Most work will be done at home – must have a quiet place to work without distractions and a computer.
- Ability to attend periodic staff video conferences.